Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jet Lagged-Shell Shocked



I have no Idea where to start. This whole week has felt like an eternity and I don't know what is going on it seems like. After I arrived here on thursday they have kept me busy constantly with everything from preparing lessons to teaching fake investigators 24/7. The whole waking up at 6:30 hasn't caused me any trouble but its weird being in a weird country with weird people every speaking an accent you only hear on tv. My first companion is Elder R. He's from  Scotland and he talks like a scottish person to. He's a great person but i feel a bit out of character being one of the few Americans here... I believe there are only four americans including me so I feel a little left in the wind. I'm constantly studying preach my gospel and such topics and I'm just so tired from everything i'm doing... I'm just glad we have a P day here or else i'd go nuts... I want to send back lots of pics so I'll see what I can do... oh and i'm sorry if i rack up a small bill here... Things are Freaking EXpensive here!! The currency exchange here is terrible. I turned in part of the money I had at a ASDA, or English Walmart, for a no commission exchange and got 57 pounds for 100 bucks! Totally not fair! I haven't really learned the value of the pound yet but stuff is expensive and I can't seem to use my electronics because the output of the wall sockets here is like 240 volts, twice ours. So I almost fried my iHome but I managed to keep it safe, and the first converter I used burned out! Literally smoke and everthing! I really really miss home right now  The missionaries here are great and if anything it helped me bond more to them and to learn how to grow up just a bit. I have a terrible accent according to Elder R. but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Another thing that is important, my debt card is gone from my wallet and i'm not sure if I left if home or not, but I have permission to check my emails a little earlier this week to get your response back from this. I'm not sure if I left it at home or if it got lifted off me. Its not like the happy bubble Utah is... so I don't really know how to handle myself public now... which is kind of odd. Mom I love you alot and I want you to know that, even if I seemed a little cold at the airport. What I was trying to avoid was breaking down in the middle of the airport and not being able to leave. But now that I have a companion and a district that looks out for me, and they are the very best. Up until a few nights ago I felt so tight kind of like a bottled up cork. It was amazing, it was like he could just see right through me and could tell that I was uncomfortable with all the new surroundings and such... These Elders are such an inspiration to me. So even if I miss home, I lucky to have met these amazing people here. I'm sending a few pictures back so post them up on the blog for me :) I'm trying to respond to multple emails in this short time so I promise i'll follow up more next week :)

I love you guys tons, 
Elder Bradley Smith



















No comments:

Post a Comment