Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Sweet Mother



Mom, you've almost managed half a century at life! Congrats, now you have to worry about things like Breast cancer and back pain for the rest of your life, but with the bonus of your daughter being a PA you shouldn't have to much to worry about :) You know I'm joking about the cancer stuff right? I just see so many ads in the buses here saying that if you are over fifty you should get checked for prostate cancer and stuff like that. Good I've got another 30 years before I need to worry to much about that stuff...

Well I've managed to make it through another week. I think these weeks are getting a little bit quicker now. We have a massive family on date for baptism on the 29th of June, about 5 people eligible for baptism plus a few children in the future that could get baptized at various times. Lovely family and they just walked into the chapel because they said Mormons like "Big" families so they thought they'd be welcome to come... which was true ;)

So hopefully I'll have my hair cut today, depending if the member doing it is feeling well enough to. The guy that normally does it, his name is Brad. So we're both named Brad. Unfortunately Brad happens to have bipolar, and so he goes downhill for a few months and has no energy, so we try to get him to do fun things and keep his mood up, so we'll probably drop by this afternoon and cheer him up :)

Well its good to know that everyone is doing well back home. I'm looking forward to that Lake Powell vacation now. Going swimming again after two years is going to be so Blessed. Yeah, don't worry I'll work hard until the end. Elder Maynard and I are doing pretty good, looking after ourselves and all. So far nothing to complain about, the weather has been a little weepy for the past few days, but otherwise not to bad. We got poured on at our football game on Saturday, mind you the football is soccer..., but we had a lot of fun getting soaked and running around in the morning. Not to bad of a way to finish the week.

Well I'm going to keep kicking around here for another two months and I'll see  you on the bright side :)

Love,

Elder Smith

PS

I hope you like the way I spend "Mum" :) Plus the car was so funny I had to take a picture, I didn't do it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment