Monday, August 4, 2014

Wedding Fest Back Home




Elder Koponen and I in black and white :)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Bradley Smith <ironmanbard@myldsmail.net> wrote:
It seems like a wedding fest over there my goodness. I just heard that my trainer Elder Hansen, or John, is engaged to be married in September. I think the pressure for return missionaries is just too much :) I suppose that's part of typical Mormon life. Well I'm glad to say I've survived another week here. I've got about 5 working days left, and the other four are pretty much preparation and a baptism on Sunday. It really is the end for me out here. There are a couple missionaries here in our zone that envy me, but I've said to them we've all got our time and mine has come. 

Yeah so I'll give you the run down for the moment. I got my travel Itinerary this wednesday, which you probably already know about, but I've been told to tell you the details anyway. I'll be leaving at 10:15 am, British time, from Heathrow airport and flying for eight and half hours to Chicago. First time I've ever been there. I've realized that I've never really seen the east coast :P Then from Chicago, I change planes and fly to Salt Lake where I'll meet you guys at 5:05 pm, Utah Time. Gives me a nice little bit to hang out before I need to go to bed. I'll be pretty much shattered because I'll have been on planes for 13 hours, but I'm not to bothered :) 

This Sunday I'll be attending a baptism of my good friend Stephen Jackson, who has asked me to Baptize him. What more could I ask for. A baptism at the very end of my mission. I'm really excited for that. I'm really going to miss the Jackson family here, they've been a huge part of my mission for me, and they are just amazing people. I'll have to skype them when I get back to keep in touch :) 

Well, I've got just a few days left to make a difference here. It's been difficult here in Enfield, but I don't have to deal with it much longer. I'm just missing the blessed land of Southend. It's just incredibly hot here because there is not wind or anything from the sea like in Southend. Makes sleeping a bit difficult :P

I don't know if Mark has moved out yet, but do you have a place where I can reside when I get home. I know we haven't talked about it alot but it seems to be a pretty practical question at the moment. Hopefully you haven't gotten rid of all my stuff... but I need a new wardrobe anyway when I get back. Besides my jeans size is 36 instead of 40 now, so it's quite a big difference. I'd like to hit 34 in a few months anyway... but I looked at my BYU schedule and since there is some big gaps between my morning and evening classes, I can hit the BYU gym and exercise for two hours or so. Plus I feel the motivation to do so :) Yes Mother, I'm a changed man. Shannon can teach me a thing or two about running :P 

Well I look forward to seeing all of you in a week, plus a bit. It's been unreal my experience out here. Plus I have a few more photos for you. I'll probably have one last time to email, but if I don't God Bless and I'll see you across the pond.

Love,
Elder Bradley Smith

These first three are from when I was leaving Southend. I'm holding two of my best friends. Tate is the guy in the purple shirt and Chyme is a jungle jag carpet python.

No comments:

Post a Comment