Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Shrimp Galore




What is Up my Family and Homies,

It’s been another rainy and cold week, but that doesn't stop us! We spent our last P-day down in Southend on Sea, pretty much the coast of England where the Thames is the widest, and the wind is the coldest! Yeah, that was fun. I had my first Kebab or slices of a large slab of meat cooked in greases with more grease on top! Yeah, the next morning after that one was bad....... Elder Hansen didn't go near the toilet after that... but yeah that was quite the experience. The rule for Kebabs here, the more gross and run down the establishment, the better the food! I don't know if I like those to statements going together... interestingly enough. Unfortunately Elder Hansen got sick this past Wednesday and we spent a good portion of the day in the flat. After taking his morning pills he slipped into the bathroom to release his innards.... I wasn't to happy to be stuck in the flat with a sick man... but I lived and didn't receive any illness!!! So that was fun...
We had a fun dinner with the Bortone's. Brother Bortone is one of my favorite people here because he has the greatest sense of humor. He's a returned and married missionary from Greece and loves to talk just about anything. We have been getting into really deep gospel topics like the creation and stuff and its highly entertaining and informative. I've been having a good time out here with the families and members. We went to our recent baptism person's family (aka Charolette) or the Stringers and had an awesome afternoon with them. Earlier in the week we had told them our favorite food, and on last Saturday they had almost everything we talked about! It was absolutely crazy!!! Shrimp Galore!!!!! I was in heaven for the next couple of hours!! I've never had so much shrimp and crab in my life because its dirt cheap here!! Sooo that was absolutely my favorite part of the week, just stuffing ourselves full of food that tastes so amazing!! Yeah... (cough, cough) there goes all the weight I lost... But that was absolutely my favorite thing.
We had stake conference in the Romford stake here, so that was fun. President and Sister Jordan came and we got to talk with them about transfers and stuff and we had a chill time there. But the Plan for today is to head to Lakeside Shopping Mall and to Costco again! We have most of the Elders in the Zone coming, and I'm getting us all into Costco! Pretty much awesome. Oh yeah and my Costco card got here! Thanks Mom and Ayn for getting that to me :) that was amazing. Also, that mini Quad came finally and I loved that!!! I'm working on marking it up... but it’s perfect. I haven't had such fresh scripture in so long!!! You'll have to see the photos I send to understand why I said "Fresh" Scriptures... (lol).
Other than that, I really look forward to those mittens mother! :) Things are starting to move along out here, the days go by faster when you work harder. Also, I recieve letters from Jeff about every week. I can forward those to you if you would like or ask Sister Jarman to forward them to you. I keep in contact with my friends don't worry :) I just recently sent Mikey a letter and I hope he has gotten it by now.  I love all the pictures you sent. I'm so jealous, and “No,” mother don't stop sending them. I love seeing these pictures and then sharing them with Elder Hansen. It’s cool to see all the family. You just need to get more pictures of Mark (lol) good luck with that. It would also be cool to get pictures of all our animals together, or at least individual shots of them (including Lemon).
I just love to see our family doing so well. It’s good to know that you guys are taking care of yourselves. I hope everything is going alright, you guys seem to be re-landscaping our whole yard... soon there won't be any trees left!! I'm just kidding. You guys take care of yourselves. I love you guys so much and I hope to hear from you soon. Also, I got all your mail from Shannon and Whitney so don't worry about that :). Take care and have a good week.

Love Your Son and Older Brother,

Elder Bradley J. Smith












No comments:

Post a Comment