Monday, December 3, 2012

Off to London to Visit the...

Brad's Chair made in Shop Class


Hey Family and Friends,

It’s been another long and frozen week in the little town of Grays. Things have been going pretty well, not a whole lot is new. The best things that happened this week were my work over with the Elder's from Southend and our Zone Meeting this past Saturday. I spent an awesome day with Elder Purdy last Wednesday for our work over here in Grays. (A work over is just a day exchange). I had a killer time with him as we met our newest and most progressing investigator, Saundra. We took along our good friend and member Brother Senior. Brother Senior is Jamaican..., and he's a convert of about 11 years. He has a powerful testimony and he pretty much dominated our lesson. We didn't even teach what we thought we would. We were going to cover the restoration with Saundra but Brother Senior just took over and started addressing her concerns about the Word of Wisdom and other gospel principles. He's a champ, and I could tell he was being guided by the Spirit. I believe we'll be seeing another baptism around here soon :)
Besides that we had a killer Zone meeting this past Saturday. Guess what, our music rules have finally changed!!! We can listen to music that’s not retarded!!!! The rules before were that we could only listen to MoTab or EFY or Classical Music from composers that are dead for over a hundred years... yeah very limited. There is a lot of music under the category of classical music...  I just don't have any on my iPod... so, President Jordan just changed the rules to the White Bible addition rules, that opens up a lot of things. Most of it’s our decision on what music we can listen to as long as it invites the Spirit... so we've had a lot of Christmas music playing throughout the flat this past week as it has finally moved into Christmas time.
We have transfers next week... and I am nervous. We have a killer Christmas set up here with our four best families all right in a row!! I sure hope I stay here for this transfer... but for some reason I can see President trolling me and moving me to Norwich, the furthest area from London in our mission, and letting me rot out there for a bit... I'm just kidding Norwich is probably great... but yeah I hope to stay here.
On Christmas Eve we have the Terra's, our Bishop's family, then on Christmas we have the Figuerido's, another Portuguese family with return missionaries and girls our age... lol, and on Boxing day we have the Jones, my other most favorite family. So we pretty much have like 3 days of no work... that’s gonna be a mission killer. (lol). Besides that I'm excited for this package mother... I'm going into London today for our London P-day trip so I'm gonna be brief today... sorry. We have a good time planned there and I hope that we get to see all the good sights again. So that was pretty much our week. I'm glad to see our Christmas tree is up and looking good. I love the pictures of the house.
Oh, to answer your question, Dad. There are like no Christmas lights here.... pretty much it’s like saying "Hey, come rob me, I have stuff in my house"... or that’s what a lot of people think it’s like. I've seen a few... but it’s nothing like back home where you have big displays and such. I'm gonna miss that stuff this next two years... but yeah. We'll be doing just fine this Christmas, just let me know what you guys are up to and I'll talk to you guys next week. Oh by the way... I get to Call you guys on Christmas!! So get Skype set up Mother because I'll be calling on Christmas... and Don't forget it! Besides that... umm... that’s all I can think of at the moment. I'll send you guys some more snail mail once I have the chance. And I got your letter Dad don't worry. KK... I love you guys and I'll talk to you next week. :)

Love your Son and Brother, 
Elder Bradley J. Smith


Bradleymom here.
"I couldn't open the two photo files Brad sent because they had .dat extensions. Oh, well. He's been a prolific photographer most other weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment