Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Here Comes the Sun...Sometime...Soon...Maybe?





March 12, 2013

So we just got the blip from President Jordan. As of last night I'm going to be staying right where I am. I probably am going to be here in Luton for 6 months, so I guess I should have been prepared for it. Elder Affleck is leaving me and going to a funny place called Huntingdon. It’s one of the furthest areas from London in the mission but he gets a car, lucky guy. So tomorrow I'll be helping him carry his stuff to the train station and getting my new companion.
Kind of funny but I'll be getting another Scotsman. His name is Elder Jameson and apparently he is a really good missionary, super solid guy. I've only met him once or twice at Zone Conference and such, so I don't know too much about him. I'll send you a video and you guys can get to know him.
So far today I went and played basketball at St. Albans while my companion and his buddy Elder Fisher went and bought expensive shirts from a company called T.M. Lewin, which makes ridiculously nice stuff. Elder Affleck almost has all his stuff to go home with so he has just been blowing money left and right here. I'm just trying to hold on to mine so it doesn't go flying out of my hands :P After that we met up with our other Elders from Dunstable just down the road and went to lunch with them at a super posh all you can eat Buffet. It was on a cheaper menu because it was during a lunch time special so I didn't have to pay too much, thank goodness, but it was a really cool experience. Lots of neat food from all over the world. So that was fun.
Now all I have to do is survive till the sunshine decides to come out, which would be really nice. Things are going just fine and I'm really interested to see who this Elder Jameson is. From what I hear, I think things will work out just fine. I was also really impressed by that video of Whitney that you sent. Holy Cow, she's actually pretty good now. My companion was blown away by that just to let you know. Looks like good things are still happening over in Utah.
I'm finally getting used to how England works, but by the time that I will actually be used to it I'll have to go back to Utah anyway :P All good though. I hope you guys are taking care and I'll talk to you again soon.

Love your son and brother,

Elder Bradley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment