Monday, April 22, 2013

"Must Buy Card Reader!"



Hey family,

I hope you are all doing well. Seems like spring has just barely started to spring up around here. The weather is still wet, but the temperature has improved... so, I'm not always wearing my large jacket anymore :) about time. This past week has been interesting. My new German companion, Elder Wolf, it’s not actually spelled with an “E”... didn't know that before I met him, is pretty cool. He's not quite as talkative as Elder Jamieson, but he's very knowledgeable. He knows his scriptures very well and he loves his study time. He also has a great sense of good humor. He is a very sensible person as well. This describes him... He is a gentleman if you treat him nicely, and he can turn sour if you are not. So far, I've been on the good side and he's really cool. I've had no problems at all with him. He has a very soft German accent that comes from the north... so nothing harsh that you are probably thinking of. I've been having a great time so far.
Unfortunately... we don't have a card reader yet... I've been borrowing all of my companion's card readers... so I can't upload photos or videos this time.  I'm going to the store today to buy one so I can continue to send you cool stuff. Sorry mom... I haven't been too good in the past few weeks. Things have been a little hectic. I'm just trying to sort things out.
So far there are a ton of new missionaries here. Just loads have moved in. I'm surprised I wasn't called to train this past transfer... but it’s probably bound to happen sometime soon.  I'm privilegded to learn from a very old missionary. Elder Wolf has been out for almost 21 months, so he's dead soon :P All my companions have been quite old. Elder Hansen, Elder Affleck, and Elder Wolf have all been out for over 20 months now. Elder Jamieson was on the younger side with almost 15 months... but they have all been out twice as long as I have. Everything is going well. The flat is all nice and clean. We worked really hard on that. We are probably going to hang out in St. Albans today and hang out with our Zone leaders and the new senior missionary couple the Sanchez's.
I hope things are going alright with you guys. I get to call you this Mother’s day soon :) So that is coming up. Plus it’s a double Birthday this transfer. Elder Wolf and I both have birthdays in the same week almost. Mine is Friday the 17th and his is the 22nd of May. So we are going to have a missionary party like you've never seen... or will ever see... because you guys aren't in England :P But I will take pictures don't worry. Anyway I love you guys and I'll get those pics and videos to you soon.

Love, 
Elder Bradley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment