Monday, August 12, 2013

The Last of Summer...Well, Two Weeks More


My Days... I haven't gotten any time to do anything this week. Just constant work and all that good stuff. We had a huge mission conference today in Hyde Park again. So I don't know who plans these activities but they are not doing a good job. They keep doing it right on our P-day so we have absolutely no time to do anything... Even Email and shop and stuff... So I can only fit in emails today and I'll have to do shopping tomorrow or Wednesday :P Just a bit frustrated there. I'm thinking this email is going to sound a bit complainy because I just got off the train and I have a massive headache and I'm feeling a bit train sick (or car sick). Normally this doesn't bother me... but I'm not feeling the best. I just got out of a huge four hour conference with Elder Evans from the First quorum of the Seventy. He's the guy that runs all the missionary department for the church... so it's probably a big job. I thought he was going to come talk to us about cool stuff like setting up internet proselyting and stuff like that but nope... Chuck Testa :P He spent four hours talking about how we could do street contacting better... like literally knowing I don't already know. So he just preached for four hours concerning what preach my gospel says about how to find new investigators :P It was like attending an uber long district meeting that I have every week... so to say the least I was a little disappointed. I know he takes the time to come over here and everything, but I lost my p-day and all activities that I NEED to be able to get through the week... So not my favorite day I've had so far.
Our week was a little better than today though. The Sun was out. I played basketball most of the mornings... usually from 6:15 in the morning till about 7:15. We found a court near by our flat so we just jog there in five mintues in the morning. Really nice :) We also had a Ward picnic on Saturday that was a big success. Investigators came and a lot of the ward helped fellowship some of the new people we had there. It was really cool. But I got extremely sunburned. I wasn't expecting to be outside in the sun for about 9 hours straight. We were playing sports and stuff with the ward and then we played basketball with some random guys in the park afterwards as a finding activity :) Yeah it went really well. I was so exhausted after that day though. I literally couldn't move when we got back to the flat to shower and stuff... but we still had like two more appointments that day before the day was over >_<. Good day overall though :)
That was about the most interesting thing that happened this week. Oh I did get the Garments mother :) I really appreciate you sending me those. I really badly needed them. So everything is pretty good. I get moves calls this next week so you'll get to find out where I'm going this next Tuesday. So your pretty familiar with how this works because we move P-day to Tuesday... which makes this week extra Long! Plus I didn't get a P-day today Hooray! (You can probably smell how much sarcasm I used there :P)
Well, if I survive the day I'll let you know. I'm just hoping I'm not getting ill because of how crappy I feel at the moment. I really don't have time to be sick this week... but maybe it'll give me a break that I need :P The hard way I guess... Well I'll catch you guys next week. Maybe you guys should say "Hi" to Elder Hansen. He comes home next week. I said "Goodbye" to him today... and that was a bit tough. So, it has been an emotionally strenuous day... dang... I think I need to go to bed right now... I'll catch you guys in a bit.
Cheers,
Elder Bradley Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment