Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Grey Week


Well it sounds like you guys have had an exciting week, I'm glad that everyone is getting their exercise there. I don't even know if I could make it to the finish line if I tried that triathlon, probably wouldn't go to well for me. The problem I'm having is getting fit. I've actually managed to get down to 205 pounds, but I don't really look like it... if you know what I mean. I just need to get rid of the belly... but I just don't flipping run enough :P I guess that's why were are going to play sports today for P-day, get the endorphins going and what not... would help me to be happier that is. 



Ok, so the computer just decided to send the message early... so that's a cool computer :P >:P !"£$%!"£%.

Anyway what I was going to say is that it's cool to hear that Mark got his mission call. I didn't even know that you had put in his papers let alone that he got his call... I'm really well kept up to date here and all. Well, Bangkok is going to give him a piece of humble pie, so tell him to get ready because he's gonna be in for some culture shock hardcore. I thought that England wasn't going to be that bad when it comes to culture shock but South East Asia is quite a different world from the English speaking nation that we are all used to.
 Well, I'll be almost 18 months out when Mark leaves, that is gonna be kinda weird to think about. 

Well I'm glad that he's going on a mission. That's going to be a good thing for him. Just let him know its kinda like being a nun, well in a way. We just have to shun all worldly things for a period of two years. I bet the culture there is going to be really fun though, quite interesting and unique. Give him the right garments though, because i'ts probably humid there. Get him the ones that dry out quickly... or else that's really going to suck for him :P If you want any other tips, just ask me and I'll give you my opinion :)

As for how this week went here... well to be honest it was really boring. Nothing much happened, and all of our investigators have hosed us :P So we've spent a lot of time on the streets again just trying to contact people. We've offered service to people and when we come to give the service we have offered the people don't let us into there houses... it doesn't make any sense. They just give us some made up excuses as to why they don't need us to help them anymore. Blahblahblah, you can probably guess the rest. I guess I'm just a little bit tired working with a system that is not bringing the results we are looking for, so I'm evaluating the way that we do our work. 

I have to thank you for giving us an awesome P-day last Monday. My district really enjoyed going to Costco and getting pizza and having a good time. It was great :) So I guess I've bought myself a few friends (just kidding :) ). I love my district here, they are pretty much the only people that are keeping me sane at the moment. Well I'm going to enjoy myself today by kicking a football at some people's heads and I'm going to enjoy it :) I'll catch you guys next week :)

Love, 

Elder Bradley Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment