Monday, September 2, 2013

Over the Hump


Well for some reason I thought hump week would be a little more epic than it actually turned out to be... oh well, I can't get everything I ask for. Well we are planning on going down to Costco today to enjoy a bit of anniversary madness there, compliments of awesome parents :) So that should be pretty fun. Also I got to burn one of my old shirts (lol). Its a year mark tradition were most of the missionaries will burn something on their Hump day or every six months. I stuck with they year mark tradition rather than burning my tie at six months... but I have a funny video of it now... I just think it might be two big to send via google drive because the maximum is five gig and it might possibly be more than that... its kinda big video. Anyway I have some good pictures from it :)
It has been kind of a slower week because we lost quite a few investigators because they just don't seem to meet with us so we've found it quite difficult work wise. I guess the world isn't always full of fluffy kittens :P To say the least my companion and I get a long really well so we just keep each other entertained really really well :). Makes life a lot more fun when you get a long with your companion. I guess this is teaching me how to behave with my wife... except for we can't get quite as affectionate (well this is awkward...). Just ignore that last part. 
Our ward members here love us though, which makes my life a whole lot easier.  So, I really appreciate this area a lot because I can survive the tough days through the loving and caring arms of our members here. To say the least, they are great :)
I figured out something really weird. I just remember talking to Elder Hansen about a year ago when I just got into the mission field and asking why he doesn't write so much in his emails. He told me that when I get older I would find out. I guess I've found out. I find it a little bit difficult to find things to tell you guys. You pretty much know everything that is going on here. I send the pictures, you see what I'm up to... and that's pretty much it. I mean I would show you anything else that was really cool that is going here... so I'm sorry if I don't have a ton to share with you guys. I'll just start expressing my appreciation. You guys love that :) I'll have to give you all big hugs when I get home. 
Well I'm starting the walk home. I just got to the top of the mountain now I'm on my way back... so you'd better get ready to pick me up from the airport because I'm on my way back :) What'll be interesting is when we talk in December on Christmas we'll be talking about what is going to happen in a few months down the line hmmm... that will be interesting. And then when next summer rolls around... LIFE GETS REAL. Well I don't have to worry about that yet at least. One year is still quite a long time. Anyway, I'll keep doing what I've been doing and I'll catch you next week :)

Love,

Elder Bradley Smith 






No comments:

Post a Comment