Monday, December 9, 2013

Two Weeks Till Christmas


Well England has switched its gears and is now heavily in the holiday season. Well there have been advertisments here in London for Christmas pretty much since the end of October. They get started here nice and early.

Anyway its been an "ok" week. Most of our investigators were pretty hosey this week so it made it really difficult to have lessons. It just makes it so we have to knock more doors, find new people, and continue the age old process of finding and teaching. If your not finding, your teaching, if your not teaching, your finding. That's pretty much the missionary motto. I do enjoy the teaching part. That is always fun. It's really cool to see people who have never heard of the gospel before suddenly start to understand the purpose that we share. Kinda fun. As for knocking on doors in the nighttime when it is freezing... well not quite so fun.

Enough about me ranting, I saw from some of the pictures that Brandon is engaged. I'm not sure what I should say to that, but good for him :) They Hillyards may have had the first missionaries from there family, but our family had the first marriage. I'm not sure these are things we want to brag about though :P

So with the call for Mark on the 17th, the only time I've got is after a conference so I'll call in the evening here. I'll just be at the flat so I don't need to go anywhere. We can finalize next week but I'll probably try to call around 8 (my time) which will be 1 in the afternoon (your time). I might be able to do a little bit later because I'll be free about after 7 my time which is noon for you. So just let me know how you want that to work.

Its good to see the snow in Utah still exists and that I'm not the only one missing snow during this time.

Well I'm glad you are all safe. I do love the Christmas time here. I'll talk to you guys on Christmas, and i'll speak to mark next week.

Love,


Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment