Monday, February 24, 2014

Declaration from Southend


Well its not unusual for me to rushing around like crazy down here. We just had a wedding and a baptism that took nearly the whole weekend to pull off. Man, these sisters here are just baptizing people like crazy. But remember, if you have read Helaman anytime recently there was a good statement in there that I would like to compare to the missionaries here.  It says "Now, Lehi was not one WIT behind his brother Nephi". Now, just remember that. The Elders namely Smith and Berenguer are not one wit behind the sisters here. We have three more people on date, so we are preparing for an end of the transfer baptism bash! Going to be epic.

Well I was asked to give a description of my area, mostly for my mother's sake, but I'll proceed to give an account of my endeavours here and the details of the land round about. South End is located in a prime real estate location on of the first east coasts in Britain, accept maybe up in Gorleston... or Dover... but that's not the point. We've got the sea surrounding most of the area so we often can make trips down to the riverside of the River Thames. This is for Elder Hansen, if he can remember the first time I pronounced the river "THAMES" it is closer pronounced "Temms". Very British I know. We still all wonder why the use words like "Rubbish" and "Posh" and "Mate". For instance I would say, "How are you Mate". I replace the word "DUDE" which is an American term for "MATE". English grammar lessons are the best aren't they.

Wel,l just for information sake, I get to email in the brand new Southend Library which was finished about six months ago. Really nice place, and the computers don't suck to bad... well all public computers suck to some degree... but for a public place its not to bad. Our flat is literally about a 6 minute walk to the coast so its nice and close. For my previous companions Elder Hansen or Affleck and the rest of you reading this... Southend has a different flat now. It's a lot newer and closer to the town center. So I'm not living in that beat up old flat in Westcliff anymore. I still remember my first workover with Elder Purdy when he had me walk like three hours with him back to the flat because we missed the last bus that day... my days... Yeah, all those months ago.

Well, I'm doing pretty good spiritually for anybody who'd like to know. I'm surviving the storms of missionary work and we've had really good success in this area. Just need to keep it up. Don't want things getting boring here now do we. Well, I love you all. There is a good reason that I put all of you on the list to receive this email. ITs because I love you :) There I said it. Take that as you will :) Just remember me in your prayers so that England can have a new ward when I'm done with this place :)

Love, 

Elder Bradley Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment