Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kurtas are Kute on these Boys



Fewww.... I thought I was going to be moving again but I am safe for another six weeks. We just had moves calls last night and I was afraid I was going to be packing again for another area. I'm staying here in Luton for another 6 weeks with my good buddy Elder Affleck. I'm kinda surprised I 'm not getting a new companion... apparently its kinda unusually to have companions for 2 transfers but who knows I'm ok with it. We had a awesome time in London last week for P-day. I'll have to show you the pictures but we went to London dressed in Kurtas. A Kurta is a Indian formal wear, kinda like a suit for westerners, and is like an enormous shirts with tons of bling on it. My comp has the pictures and I'll send those to you when I get them :) So we had alot of different looks at us because of what we were wearing. Out entire district had them and we just went and chilled in London for a few hours and took pictures at all the sights again. So that was a pretty cool P-day. I don't think I'll ever have a cooler distric than I just did. Alot of our good buddies are getting moved tomorrow so things will be changing up around here. Besides that we've still been trying to recover from our Christmas hangover... things have seemed to slow down so much because of the snow here. Yes, we have snow Finally! but when it snows here the whole country shuts down. Literally. So we took pictures in the snow and enjoyed the weather like little kids. We ever went sledding a little bit down the huge hills here in Luton :) All the sidewalks are iced over and we can ski down into town, which is kinda fun. This weather really sucks for contacting though. Absolutely no one will talk to use because its a blizzard so we've had to hang around in the flat some of the days because of the weather. We'd go into the mall and talk to people... but by law we aren't allowed to proslyte inside the malls. So some of our days have been good, anothers kinda boring. On those days we just do alot of study, or invite other missionaries over had just have a small chill because we can't do much else. The weather is finally getting the better the past few days so we've been working hard to get over our cabin fever. I don't know what happened this month... but I've been broke since the 10 of January. So now I know what it feels like to scrap for cash. I've been trying to get my mountain of reimbursements in... but the office elders are so slow at getting those in... and I don't have money for groceries. The thing is, I was keeping track of my money and should have had around 60 quid and I hit the ATM and had nothing. So I'm kinda confused on how I got broke... probably annonmous spending that I haven't realized. But I should be getting cash from reimbursements... if they would hurry, than I will be just fine. The end of the month is coming soon so that will have to save me as well. It seems like the same old stuff back home. I'm glad nothing to big is happening without me :) Just take care of yourselves and you'll be alright. I hope to see you guys in about 20 months. Yeah, I'm almost out of the 20's! I'll talk to you guys next week. Take care :)

Love your son and Brother,

Elder Bradley J. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment