Monday, October 14, 2013

Fitness First



Well as the subject of the email suggests, I have been getting very fit as of lately. I'm proud to say that I have managed to go running in the morning for almost 2 weeks straight. I think that is the longest I have every pulled this off, and with any luck I should be able to keep going. I might actually be able to keep up with my younger sisters now... probably not... but I'm trying none the less. The only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that its starting to get alot colder around here... the fall has moved in and the temperature is dropping rapidly. So I'm not to excited about that. I'll just have to suit up in the morning and face the cold weather, probably will help me lose more weight as well. That is what I'm excited for :)

Well our week has been quite good. As I think I said last week, this area is pretty much brand new so we don't have a lot of new investigators but we did have a BAPTISM! Yes! My first one since January! So I'm sending you all the photos of that. I'll give a little background detail.
Shana is from England, but her mother is from Jamica. She's 18 years old and has a good christian upbringing as her mother has always taken her family to the Church of England. How the Elder's managed to find her, its considered a miracle. She been easily the most golden investigator I've ever met, plus her sister and mother should be getting baptized in the next few weeks here,so I'll have even more photos for you :)
That has defintely been my favorite thing about this area. I just show up and get a fresh baptism handed to me. It was an Act of God. Write that one in the scriptures. So I'm feeling pretty good about this area so far. We do spend a lot of time knocking doors and trying to find new investigators because we are going to be baptizing all the ones that we do have :) That's pretty funny compared to my last few areas... cough cough. Well I'm just happy to be here for the moment.

I'm glad that you guys had a good time at the cabin. Looks like nothing has changed since I've left. Fun stuff. Just everyone in our family is just getting older and older... man... I wonder how I look now? I'm growing a beard way to fast... I almost have to shave everyday like a regular man but none the less it still bring loads of acne... such a pain. I think when I get home I'm just gonna be the guy that has the beard in the ward... except mom will kill me so I probably won't. Just the sideburns then ;)

I'm getting along just fine with my good companion here. I do enjoy having someone who understands what it is like to be from the most Mormon populated state on the planet. So at least we understand each other and work well together. Other than that I don't have anything to complain about. I am excited for Christmas and talking to you guys again... but that is still in like 3 months so I really shouldn't focus on something like that but it is a nice thought none the less. Yeah, I think that pretty much covers my week. If I left anything out I'm sorry... Oh wait.. we got yelled at by some excommunicated member here that we met in town center. I won't lie the stuff he was saying was total BS but we had a good laugh about it afterwards. Trying to remember if anything else happened.... nothing is coming to mind at the moment. If I remember I might include it next week.

Anyway have a great week guys,


Elder Bradley Smith










No comments:

Post a Comment