Monday, October 21, 2013

Rainy Wet Shoes



Well this week has been one of the more blustery weeks here in England. For say it is not warm anymore. I kinda want the sun back that was out in July and August here... I think I appreciate it alot more now than then because I was getting sunburned back in July.

Well we are planning on having 2 more baptisms by November 3rd. I'm quite stoked about that because of the lack of baptisms I've had in my mission is general so this is a good thing for me. The problem my companion and I have been running into is that we don't have anyone to teach... funny enough that the only people we are teaching are getting baptized... so then we don't have anyone to teach again. Catch 22 there I guess. I don't think I used that reference quite right... but whatever. I'm just happy we have something going on. We done over 30 hours of pure knocking on doors this week... so I can imagine how much money I could have made getting paid minimum wage...

I'm still doing well with running every morning. I think my double chin is getting smaller finally, but think the better changes are going to come this winter if we keep it up. I'm just running into a slight problem here down the road which I'll talk to you more about... when it gets cold in the morning and I don't have appropriate clothing. Anyway I'll complain about that somewhere and sometime else. As for now I might be able to keep up with my lacrosse team back when I was in high school... well I should have ran more then :P Silly me.

I wish I had more to inform you on as of this coming week. I think we have zone conference this Friday, so it'll be good to talk to President again. I hope Mark is feeling preped for his mission. I just spoke with a kid here that is leaving on his mission in about a month and we gave him so handy ideas to help him prepare. I think I'll repeat a few things we told him so that mark can use them.

First, Mark this is for you brosideon
take a look at Preach my Gospel Chapter 3 Lessons 1-3. You'll pretty much need to memorize those because that is literally everything that we teach.
Then just have a breeze through Chapter 10 which is about teaching skills that you will need. Ask Darin Hillyard if he will help you because that is what he did for me. great guy.

If Mom has Jesus the Christ laying around the house, I challenge you to read it before you go on your mission. It is like the best book I have ever read. So thick, but just of pure awesomeness. I promise you'll learn some good things from it. If you finish before your mission, I might get you something cool here in London :) Just a little positive kick to make you want to do it. The thing about Talmage, the author, is that he has some big vocabulary so you'll learn a few things from him and about your saviour.

Well I hope you guys have a great week, looks like things are starting to cool off over there. Just remember when it starts to get warm again is when you get to come and get me from that airport :)

Love,


Elder Bradley Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment