Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Two Transfer Blockbuster


Well I've managed to avoid getting moved away from my favourite area, so I've managed to secure myself six more weeks here.

Well, things are moving quickly for us. Matthew was baptized this Sunday and guess what, the font boiler was broken... what a surprise. This always happens at all of my baptisms, something always decides to brake about 24 hours before the baptism. Well Mathew and Dorothy didn't mind the cold water... to much. We boiled about 30 gallons of water in a massive pot on the church stove, which took about 2 hours and didn't make a blinking bit of difference. But at least we tried.

So I'm really happy with what has been going on here. Last week I met another cool guy, his name is Chris. He's the same age as Mathew, 25, and he's been around the block in his life. He's been into drugs and alcohol since he was young and nearly died a year or so back. Since then he decided to clean up his act, and I accidently bumped into him in the town center as we were passing through. Through his past experiences, he now believes there is something more in life which he believe God saved him from dying. So he's been more than happy to listen to our message and he attended Church this sunday and saw our baptisms there.

As for me, I'm just glad I didn't have to pack my bag this week. I'd be really disappointed if I had to leave. It'll be good to see people progressing still here. My companion and I get along pretty well. Obviously we are not perfect, and we get our times when we clash a bit, but who doesn't? I think one of the best things we've been able to do is plan. We have the next three days here booked, so I'm glad that there is always something to do here. Never bored. I guess that probably why the last six weeks felt like one week. Well I hope all you people out there are doing well. Have a great week :)

Love, 

Elder Bradley Smith

































No comments:

Post a Comment