Monday, January 13, 2014

Because I Have Been Given Much


From reading the title of that email I bet you started sing a primary song, lol, its just like in Inception when Di Caprio says, "Now don't think of a white elephant... what do you think of?" Other guy... "A White Elephant..." That's exactly what just happened to you guys :)

Well anyway, life is about the same here as normal... well as normal as normal gets. We've met some really...um... interesting people here. Usually it consists of people who lack common sense and make stupid comments at the same time. I've made some conclusions about why some people are just a bit more successful than others... but I haven't had any solid evidence that supports my theory... but none the less I feel after a bit of observation, the more common sense you have, the more successful you can become. This is a rather random observation and a strange way to begin this letter... well I'll just say it. I'm grateful for the bit of common sense Mom and Dad have both given me.

I'll give you a bit of a story, this happened last week. My companion and I were coming back from a service project we did with a few other elders inside of our area. On our return home, we were in the tube station idly stand by the platform waiting for the train to arrive. Now, you guys don't really know my companion, and I love him to death, good kid... but he has a not so good of habit of pacing and struting around the platform... which includes sticking his leg into the gap between where the tracks go. Now if you all haven't heard this phrase before, we've heard it ten thousand times, but the tube speakers are alway saying "MIND THE GAP". Well that wasn't quite happening at this moment. Well neither of us thought what my companion was doing was a big deal. No trains were coming, and in no way where we really in danger. Well a man behind the scenes, known as the man who watches the security cameras, saw what my companion was doing and called us out for it. On the loud speakers in the whole station, he embarrased my companion and I. Apparently we aren't the first missionaries to come through the station and somehow knew that we were missionaries of the church. So he made some comments on how my companion had no common sense and a few other things. Well really I should have stopped him, but I didn't think it was a big deal. But after being put in the spotlight, which was rather embarrasing, we both just slipped into a corner and waited for the train to whisk us out of our shame. Not that I practise sticking my legs in the gap or anything, but really everyone is always watching us no matter where we go... so I've always got to be mindful of that. Really nothing happened. No fines or anything of the sort... we just kinda felt stupid. So common sense is a winner here.

Well I'd fill you in on everything else that is going on... we've managed to pick up a few new investigators this week which was great. So hopefully I'll have a few new stories to share with you next week.

To answer Mom's questions she asked earlier, the end of the transfer is February 5th. At that time I will most likely be transfered to somewhere else... but its not a gurantee or anything. I'm sure Elder Evans and I won't stay together next transfer though so I should get a new companion. To be honest the weather here hasn't been to bad for the past few days. Actually I've seen blue skies for the better part of 3 days. So I'm not really complaining. We are expecting another storm to swoop in here so I'd better go get my coat for this afternoon.

well I love you guys. thanks for hangin in with me on this wild trip we call a mission. Looks like the house won't even be the same when I get back due to all this new construction business that is going on. I'll be interested to see what is looks like when it is done. Funny enough if you finish it before I get home, because if you don't, Mom is going to put me to work with Dad to make sure it gets done before Fall, or at least before I start school. I'll tell president, Hey you should let me off early because I need to go refurnish my house with my Dad. He'd love to help me with that one.

 Well have a great week family,

Love,


Elder Bradley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment