Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunny Day for January


Well people have been pleading with me to make my emails a little bit more wide spread, and I know that there is only so much one can do to accommodate and reply to all the emails that a missionary receives, so with that introduction I will begin to send a Weekly email to my best Buddies :) Don't feel like this email makes it so you don't have to talk to me... because sometimes I feel like when I get an email that is not interpersonal to me, that I don't respond to it. Does that make sense? I realize I'm just typing my thoughts into this letter so if they don't make sense just let me know.

Well I'll begin with out Miracle of the week. My companion, Elder Evans, and I have managed to secure a baptismal date for the 2nd of February. Its the first time I've had a solid baptism date since October. So this is Awesome! For all your information, this lady's name is Nina. She is 24 and runs her own Travel Agency as a full time business. Crazy for how young she is. She's from Iran and is converted Muslim to Christianity. She actually looked us up on the Mormon.org website and asked to see us. Pretty much she was curious as to why other Christians don't believe we are Christian... which is really quite ridiculous... if anybody really hasn't read the flipping name tag we all wear they'd figure out pretty fast that we are Christian. Anyway, we've been meeting with her for about 3 months now. She just asked us last Wednesday if there was anything she needed to keep, like commandments, so she could get baptized. So pretty much she just requested baptism on her own accord... though we have talked about it before so I was super happy to give her a date to work towards.

So yeah, pretty happy with that. All is going pretty good over here. Its a sunny day outside for England, especially in January. I'm shocked I'm seeing so much sun this past few days. I really like it, it brightens my day :) Well for all you lovely folks that are reading this, I hope your week is as sunny as it is right now in London. A really shocker for me I know. Well you guys continue on being awesome and I'll see you all eventually... but I will see you all :)

Cheers,

Elder Bradley James (just for heather because I know she likes my middle name for some reason :P) Smith

About the Pics,

First one is a bright sun day of me... as you can tell.

The second is from a friend, emailed it to me a while back but I thought it was pertinent because of the conversation in the middle of the letter... if you haven't read it then I suggest you go back :)




No comments:

Post a Comment