Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014

Well its kind of a relief that its finally 2014. I will finally step foot back in blessed America this year. Its kind of strange looking back to last "New Year" all those months ago and realizing that this year has already passed. Well this year should be a good place to start.

Well my new years experience went alright, it didn't really go to plan. First everything is closed... no big surprise except to all the Elders in our district that wanted to hit a huge shopping mall called Brent Cross. Funny thing when they all got there it was closed. I did kind of laugh though because I have already gotten everything I wanted :P

Oh yeah, you guys keep asking about what I got for boxing day... well I haven't gotten a chance to email since Christmas so this is the time I suppose. Well I spent the entire day looking for a suit at a decent price... and I wasn't able to find on that didn't empty my pockets :( The only one I found was a TK MAXX and it had chapstick smeared all over the pocket >:( I was like "R U Serious>?!!!. I was pretty frustrated that all the stores had been raided, so I went and got some other things that I like. I got a nice Polo shirt, two Cardigans... if mom knows what those are, which she probably does, and I got some beater trousers to wear throughout the next 6 months still I come home. I had ripped holes in all my other English Style trousers so I decided it wouldn't hurt to get a few more. And imagine that, all my money was gone on four or five articles of clothing. Sheesh, I'm glad I didn't have to spend so much money on clothes back home... problem is I might have to redo my wardrobe when I get home :P

Anyway, I'm excited for the new year. I sent Mark and email... and it was pretty long, so bless his heart. I hope the MTC is not killing him. I know how 3 weeks was, but a month and a half would probably give me a heart attack, because of the lack of exercise and movement throughout the day :P

Well I just need to keep up the exercise in the morning here... but it is fridged outside now. I took those new pants out for a spin the other day and it was still cold :P Not that they didn't help, but England has hit deep winter here. It rained all yesterday... way to welcome in the New Year :P But how could we expect less? Well I hope you guys had a good new year and kept your tummies full. President decided for all of us to FAST for the next 24 hours because he wants to "rededicate ourselves to the work here". I'll be honest... rededicating me by depriving me of food is not the best way to start the year >:P So I'm quite hungry while I'm typing you this letter... and I have to survive another 10 hours or so... yeah me. As much as they say fasting brings the spirit, I'm just not very good at having a good attitude while doing it.

Anyway keep warm and hopefully summer will come around sooner this year than last year.

Love,


Elder Bradley Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment